From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: redlizard@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Ruud Koolen (redlizard)
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 11:44:52
1 Gefeliciteerd! && welcome! :)
2
3 Am Mittwoch 09 Oktober 2013, 08:44:26 schrieb justin:
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > it is again the time to introduce a face to the crowd.
7 > This time it is Ruud Koolen (redlizard) from the Netherlands.
8 >
9 > He is a skilled programmer with knowledge about system and network
10 > administration, and has deeper interest in theoretical computer science.
11 >
12 > On Gentoo he contributed to "RAP" and expressed interest to expand his
13 > toolchain and base-system work from Prefix to Gentoo in general.
14 > Hopefully we will see many contributions to come.
15 >
16 > This is how he describes himself:
17 >
18 > "I am a master student and (hopefully) soon-to-be PhD student of
19 > computer science and engineering; as such, I am interested in
20 > theoretical computer science and mathematics, and am doing research in
21 > formal methods.
22 >
23 > On the more down to earth software development level, I enjoy working on
24 > behind-the-scenes work and base infrastructure, such as toolchain and
25 > base-system topics. I plan on doing much work on gentoo prefix, where I
26 > have been doing exactly that working with Benda Xu (heroxbd) on the
27 > "prefix with libc" project.
28 >
29 > Outside the technical topics I am quite a fan of card-, board-, and
30 > role-playing games."
31 >
32 > Please give him all a very warm welcome!
33 >
34 > Justin
37 Andreas K. Huettel
38 Gentoo Linux developer