From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Creating localized aliases of distfiles.gentoo.org
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 05:19:05
1 Hi,
2
3 As some of you may already know we have localized aliases for the rsync
4 mirrors which cover countries (like rsync.ca.gentoo.org) and continents
5 (like rsync.europe.gentoo.org). This usually optimizes the process as
6 latencies are lower, speeds are higher and users are more likely to
7 distribute around the mirrors.
8
9 My propossal is that we do a similar thing with the distfiles mirrors
10 (for example distfiles.europe.gentoo.org and distfiles.ca.gentoo.org) so
11 users can easily choose one option when at least one mirror is available
12 in their country without having to worry about issues if that mirror
13 starts failing and benefit also from the lower latencies and speed.
14
15 klondike