From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:47:39
1 On Monday, January 16, 2017 3:40:07 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Given that Gentoo has to my knowledge not been able to do that over the
4 > > last decade or more, I doubt they can now either.
5 >
6 > Well, if they can't it becomes a moot point. At that point we just
7 > change our name and start fresh.
8 >
9 > IMO though it is a lot more straightforward to do a one-time cleanup
10 > of affairs than keep it going.
11
12 Good luck with a 1 time cleanup with the IRS....
13
14 > > I've read that some
15 > > paperwork can't even be found which may be some of the reason Gentoo is
16 > > in the mess it is or has been in.
17 >
18 > Don't believe everything you read. It may or may not be true. :)
19
20 Or the truth is even worse and people just do not want to discuss it...
23 William L. Thomson Jr.