From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: mgorny@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-05-12
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 18:21:42
1 On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 08:51:10AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2019-04-29 at 00:42 +0200, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
3 > > In two weeks from now, the council will meet again. This is the time
4 > > to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda
5 > > to discuss or vote on.
6 > >
7 > > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
8 > > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
9 > > suggested one (since the last meeting).
12 > I would like to request the Council to vote on making 17.1 profiles
13 > stable. The profiles were present for a 1.5 yr now, and are in dev for
14 > half a year. The most important obstacles on the course to migration
15 > have been removed, the remaining bugs being either 'cleanup to be done
16 > once we switch' or dead packages.
17 >
18 > If large number of stable profiles is the problem, I'd suggest marking
19 > 17.0 dev simultaneously. This shouldn't cause any major problems since
20 > breakage relating to one category of profiles and not the other is
21 > rather unlikely, and responsible devs use 'repoman full -d' anyway.
22
23 I don't know what happened on the ppc* side, it looks like they do not
24 have 17.1 profiles any more. The only arch this will affect is amd64.
25
26 I would suggest starting work on deprecating the older profiles instead
27 of marking them dev.
28
29 I think it should be time for the 13.0 profiles to go, and maybe the
30 17.0 profiles for amd64 once the 17.1 profiles are stable.
31
32 William