From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Bad license and attribution by ChromiumOS and CoreOS
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 05:22:18
1 On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 11:11:08 -0800 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Good $timezonegreeting,
5 > >
6 > > The README at both
7 > >
8 > > https://github.com/coreos/portage-stable
9 > > and
10 > >
11 > > https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/overlays/portage-stable/+/master/README
12 > >
13 > > claims that:
14 > >
15 > > """
16 > > Copyright (c) 2011 The Chromium OS Authors. All rights reserved.
17 > > Use of this source code is governed by a BSD-style license that can be
18 > > found in the LICENSE file.
19 > > """
20 > >
21 > > Since this is a copy of Gentoo ebuilds this is demonstrably wrong, the
22 > > copyrights on the files themselves are intact. Copyright is obviously
23 > > Gentoo Foundation, and license is GPL-2.
24 > >
25 > > I have been unable to find a proper contact for both repositories, so I
26 > > hope people that know who to contact are reading this.
29 > I will let the correct people at Google know.
30
31 Any news here? Two business days have passed already. And no action
32 from Google: both README files are still incorrect. If this is a
33 simple mistake, what takes so long to correct it?
34
35 Best regards,
36 Andrew Savchenko