From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 18:04:17
1 On 13/11/16 17:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 20:54:21 -0500
3 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 >> We're really getting into tinfoil hat territory here. You might as
5 >> well argue what do we do if somebody on Infra logs onto our boxes and
6 >> changes all the root passwords and kicks everybody out, then calls up
7 >> the hosting companies and tells them to change the contact info, and
8 >> then impersonates the officers and updates all the corporate
9 >> registrations.
10 >>
11 >> Yeah, maybe in some hypothetical scenario such a thing might be
12 >> possible. Then we pick up our phones and call each other up and get
13 >> things straightened out. Sure, somebody in a position of power could
14 >> probably take down the website for a few days or whatever, but it
15 >> isn't like everybody who contributes is just going to say, "oh, I
16 >> guess there is no Gentoo, oh well..."
17 > Something similar has already happened at least twice. Infra said
18 > they'd withdraw hosting and sponsorship unless certain developers were
19 > removed from the project.
20 >
21 Do you have any evidence to substantiate this? I think it should (have)
22 be(-en) recorded ....