From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] gentoo dev map info
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:05:36
1 On Qua, 2011-02-23 at 17:37 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:59:56 +0200
3 > Alex Alexander <wired@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Yes, some types of humor should be avoided to prevent cultural
5 > > misunderstandings.
6 > <snip>
7 > > That way we can improve our public image and users are less likely to
8 > > get the wrong impression and/or get offended :)
9 >
10 > Quite right too. I think the best thing Gentoo can do right now to
11 > improve its public image is to publish a twenty page dress code for
12 > what developers should wear when appearing at conventions. After all,
13 > some people find some types of clothing offensive, and Gentoo cannot be
14 > seen as the type of project that allows developers to wear jeans in
15 > public.
18 Totally right! I propose limiting the dress code to the wearing of a
19 Kilt, since according to wikipedia [1] it is adequate for formal
20 occasions. Besides, we will get the additional benefit of fresh air in
21 the bottom parts.
22
23 [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilt
24 --