From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Virgil Dupras (vdupras)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 16:49:57
1 Good evening community!
2
3 It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family.
4
5 Virgil Dupras is joining us from Monreal, Canada.
6 He has been working on embedded and virtualization stuff ( and will
7 continue his work as an official developer).
8 Here is how he describes himself:
9
10 "I'm a free software enthusiast who uses Gentoo in my quest to master my
11 computer-related tools. Technology is supposed to free us rather than
12 control
13 us. I also happen to be a professional software developer. I mostly do web
14 development but my hobby time is spent exploring electronics (only dealt
15 with
16 AVR MCUs so far).
17
18 I've been using Gentoo for 5 years and been very happy with it but I always
19 felt unable to help the Gentoo project as a normal user. All efforts from
20 users (such as PRs) always seem to be met with by developers who are
21 overloaded.
22 That's why I want to share the load a little bit and become a developer
23 myself. I hope I'm up to the task."
24
25 Please give him a warm welcome!