From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-05-13
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 07:51:13
1 On 02.05.2018 22:11, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
2 > Hello all!
3 >
4 > 13 May will be The Day. Council will meet again and
5 > Decide on things in Gentoo.
6 >
7 > Please provide agenda items you would like council@ to
8 > look at as a reply to this email.
9 >
10 > To get the idea what usually happens at those meetings
11 > you can have a glance at past meeting notes summary at:
12 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Meeting_logs
13 >
14 > Thank you!
15 >
16 As requested by mgorny at [1]
17
18 <hat="qa">
19 <hat="arch_teams_member">
20
21 I politely ask council to reconsider its state again, despite some efforts have been recently done to keep it stable, it seems to fell behind again, from my point of view it is not worth to support it anymore in any way. Debian dropped its support oficially (back to 2011). Only Gentoo and NetBSD are supporting this legacy thing. And no chance of getting really new hardware for this.
22
23 I think it would be greate idea to say goodbye, at least move it to dev (exp?) and start package dekeywording.
24
25 </hat>
26 </hat>
27