From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2012-06-12
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 06:02:39
On 06/03/2012 03:01 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> [...]
The difference is working the tree when you have to alter ebuilds which have been written like: DOCS=( AUTHORS README.NOW "${FILESDIR}"/README.Gentoo ) src_install() { default echo "Some command here." } At this point you have to move content of DOCS which may or may not rely on the ""quoting with array"". Remove the call to default. And then duplicate the EAPI=4 default into the ebuild. And then replicate that every month dozen times and keep on doing it for some months. Get frustrated. If that's not enough, then you get all excited about EAPI=4 and finally think you have a replacement for base.eclass to port xfconf.eclass away from the thing when you only used it for default src_install() to avoid code duplication... Think you are all done, and then get complainment that support for extra arguments for xfconf_src_install was killed, and was required for things like: xfconf_src_install htmldirectory=/usr/share/doc/${PF}/html imagesdir=/usr/share/doc/${PF}/html/images Where sedding the build system runs maintainer mode at .in level, and runnning autotools (.am level) requires heavy documentation dependencies. You go back to base.eclass and get frustrated more. I hope that clears things up ;-) - Samuli