From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A committee to review umbrellas as a new home for Gentoo assets.
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:00:59
1 On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 02:38:55PM -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
5 > > According to the bylaws and NM law, the board may direct the formation of
6 > > specific committees. I recommend we form an adhoc research committee to
7 > do
8 > > the following:
9 > >
10 > > 1) Draw up a list of requirements for umbrella organizations (output, a
11 > > document of requirements.)
12 > #1 requirement: must be willing to take Gentoo as a member.
13 >
14 > > 2) Draw up a list of umbrella organizations (SPI, SFC, etc.)
15 > > 3) Evaluate each umbrella organization with regards to requirements in 1.
16 > I think many of the orgs will say no to #1, but ideally each org has a
17 > well defined set of criteria for joining, that we can evaluate Gentoo
18 > against.
19 >
20 > > NM law requires a committee have at least 2 board members, I nominate
21 > > myself and Robin. The committee may enlist the assistance of non-board
22 > > members (many of whom are CC'd; I also CC'd gentoo-project as there are
23 > > similar threads there.
24 > I decline the nomination, on account of needing time to spend on family
25 > matters; I will help where possible, but will commit to spending
26 > additional time on this (my remaining trustee term is dedicated to the
27 > financial matters).
28 >
29 > --
30 > Robin Hugh Johnson
31 > Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
32 > E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
33 > GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
34 > GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136
37 If I may ask, why isn't the Gentoo Foundation itself suited to be the
38 organization?
39
40 If there are any problems can't it just elect new trustees or change its
41 bylaws or something?