From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2021-07-11 - call for agenda items
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 20:23:45
1 On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 11:27:52AM +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Wed, 07 Jul 2021, Robin H Johnson wrote:
3 > > TL;DR:
4 > > Please change the format of metadata/AUTHORS to yaml-based list of "key:
5 > > [value,...]" where key is the identity of a Gentoo developer, and the
6 > > list is copyright holders that the developer has worked for.
7 > Have you run this by the Sony people? The current AUTHORS file is a
8 > compromise resulting from long discussions, so I'd rather have any
9 > potential issues resolved before the Council votes on any change.
10 Sony is still listed.
11
12 chutzpah, zmedico, gyakovlev: Can you please weigh in on this
13 modification of the file format? I've populated the Sony entries in it
14 based on the "Copyright: Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc." in the git
15 history for the repo.
16
17 > > I think the suggested format should become YAML-based for ease of
18 > > validation and parsing. I don't have opinions on the format within the
19 > > data. Should it be alphabetical or cronological? Should explicit date
20 > > ranges be possible?
21 > Using the Gentoo uid as the key would imply that contributors other than
22 > developers cannot be listed in the file. Is this a valid assumption?
23 Accepted, I will say we can use email address instead, because that
24 uniquely identifies both the Committer & Signed-Off by entries.
27 Robin Hugh Johnson
28 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
29 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
31 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136