From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2012-03-13
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 00:02:45
2012/2/28 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>:
> All, > > In less than two weeks from now, the council will meet again.  This is > the time to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the > agenda to vote on. > > Please respond to this email with agenda items.  Please do not hestitate > to repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously > suggested one (since the last meeting). > > The agenda for the next meeting will be sent out on Tuesday 6th of March > 2012, by the chairman of the next meeting, betelgeuse. >
I'm not sure it's council material but it could be; Proposal to change the environment variables to achieve a utf-8 gentoo by default. It has been discussed in a thread "LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 by default" [1], some concerns have been expressed and some solution proposed, however there is no explicit consensus. If you're interested I can try to sum that thread up [2] and possibly do some research on the matter. [1] [2] be warned my summries may confuse more than a whole thread but will try anyway Francesco R.