From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [pre-GLEP] Secrecy-respecting voting mechanism for Gentoo projects
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 19:07:42
1 On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 3:01 PM Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Given what we have seen in the security election this year, what
4 > determines *who* can start an election? Maybe some clarity in GLEP 39?
7 IMO if there is really a dispute over something like this for a
8 project election there are some serious issues.
9
10 However, if we MUST have rules I'd suggest that it is the
11 responsibility of the project lead to call for the next project lead
12 election. If there is no lead or if the lead has failed to do so in
13 the last 12 months then anybody should be able to do so. Obviously it
14 is best to just nudge the lead or work via consensus.
15
16 IMO, formal ballots/etc for project leads is also overkill. I get the
17 value for Council/Trustees, but I'm not sure it really adds value for
18 regular projects.
21 Rich