From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:56:04
Dominik Riva wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 11:06 AM, George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com> wrote: >> Dominik Riva wrote: >> > If you have a better idea for a forum to post this in, I am all ears. >> > >> > Regards, Dominik Riva >> > >> Depends what you want to see. If you want to see your thread locked and >> no developers answering then post it on the forum, if you want to be >> told you're stupid and to post it somewhere else then post to gentoo-dev. >> >> You're a bit out of luck because most developers (not all) only tend to >> read their own herd/package/arch lists, -core and sometimes -dev, not >> for any reason but they want to develop and not get mixed up in this >> type of mess, that is why Gentoo has the trustees/council/devrel - to >> deal with this. >> >> > In that light, I would like to see a dev forwarding my mail to -core. > > And a Invitee to all devs to join the discussion in -core but I hope > this was done long ago. >
You should be posting to gentoo-nfp which was the old trustees list, as well. This has nothing to do with devrel. Given there is no Foundation I'm sure the Council will be dealing with this atm in their capacity as lead devs, if nothing else. But the nfp list is for discussion about Gentoo as a not-for-profit entity. -- gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list