From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Hiding problems, breach of Gentoo Social Contract
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 05:59:36
1 I have read this a few times now. I cannot see it being taken any other way
2 than written. Nothing states the problems shall remain hidden indefinitely.
3
4 Specifically mentioning BOTH security and developer relations. Meaning neither
5 receives special treatment over the other. Neither should be private, unless
6 requested to not publicize before a deadline. Implying by default it is public
7 including developer relations information. Developer bugs remain visible, as
8 are bugs filed to comrel.
9
10 The fact that it mentions developer relations information implies that those
11 problems should be open and not hidden. That developer relations is also
12 handled via Bugzilla at least in part. That further links developer relations
13 problems to the social contract and not hiding problems there.
14
15 If requests to publicize problems are denied. That seems like a clear breach
16 of the Social Contract. I would expect the Foundation to fulfill its obligation
17 to protect the community and enforce total adherence to the Gentoo Social
18 Contract.
19
20 "We will not hide problems
21 We will keep our bug report database open for public view at all times;
22 reports that users file online will immediately become visible to others.
23
24 Exceptions are made when we receive security-related or developer relations
25 information with the request not to publicize before a certain deadline."
26
27 https://www.gentoo.org/get-started/philosophy/social-contract.html
30 William L. Thomson Jr.