From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:35:46
1 On 11/05/14 19:51, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 >> 14) "TomWij is improving qa, didn't you notice? ;)".
3 >>
4 >> Do people really expect QA to be communicative, be motivated and work?
5 > Of course we do, but are you sure you're tackling this problem the
6 > right way? I haven't looked into this, but from your quotations and
7 > from random comments on IRC I get the sure feeling you are perhaps
8 > pushing people too hard, or at the least rubbing them the wrong way.
9 > There is no hierarchy that puts QA above developers - you work with
10 > volunteers and they are all trying their best to get things fixed, even
11 > when this isn't immediately obvious to you or when the best solution
12 > doesn't immediately present itself. And when you decide to force issues
13 > through policies, you find that you don't actually have the resources
14 > to do that, unless you are prepared to drive out the volunteers you
15 > expected to start "fixing" things. Are matters of "policy" the carrot
16 > or the stick?
20 exactly what i'm thinking too. thanks, well put! ;)