From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:57:15
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Given that Gentoo has to my knowledge not been able to do that over the
4 >> last decade or more, I doubt they can now either.
5 > Well, if they can't it becomes a moot point. At that point we just
6 > change our name and start fresh.
7 >
8 > IMO though it is a lot more straightforward to do a one-time cleanup
9 > of affairs than keep it going.
10
11 If I were SPI, I sure wouldn't want to touch it then. I wouldn't want
12 something under my name or a corporation I have my name on to be
13 involved with that sort of thing. As I posted elsewhere, things change
14 but yet they remain the same.
15
16 >> I've read that some
17 >> paperwork can't even be found which may be some of the reason Gentoo is
18 >> in the mess it is or has been in.
19 > Don't believe everything you read. It may or may not be true. :)
23 If I recall correctly, I read it in a post by the person that was trying
24 to find the info. It was on a Gentoo mailing list. Or are you saying
25 that people who would know these things would lie on purpose in public?
26 Surely not.
27
28 Dale
29