From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: dberkholz@g.o, council@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council meeting: Tuesday 9 August, 1900 UTC
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:59:12
On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:25:03 -0700
Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:

> Items proposed but not on the agenda: > > * Optional runtime dependencies [5] > - What is the decision to be made? If none, it's not on the agenda
The decision is on how to proceed: a) do not do anything at all (i.e. either mention deps in pkg_postinst(), use plain USE or whatever devs like now), b) introduce some kind of SDEPEND in a new EAPI [1], c) re-use USE flags and allow declaring some of them as runtime-only (so they won't require package rebuilds and just adjust @world depgraph) [2 mostly, though not necessarily using USE_EXPAND].
> If you have anything you'd like to push to the council for > discussion, feel free to reply to this thread.
I'd like the Council to put some point on the topic of changing eclass APIs heavily with EAPI bumps [3]. [1]: [2]: [3]: -- Best regards, Michał Górny