From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-nfp] 2021 Trustees election - self-nomination & manifesto
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 22:02:46
1 On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 2:47 PM Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 08:11:29PM -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
4 > > The board has 5 members; robbat2, myself, and alicef retire by
5 > > rotation this election.
6 > I'm standing for election again.
7 >
8 > By way of a manifesto:
9 >
10 > Since joining the board, I've tackled the multi-year project to complete
11 > the Foundation's financial record-keeping including forensic accounting
12 > to establish history since the start of Foundation.
13 >
14 > Used those records, I worked (and continue to) produce annual financial
15 > statements, and ensure all tax filings are completed; I've just started
16 > work on the latest set of financial statements, as the new fiscal year
17 > started July 1st.
18 >
19 > The FY2020 (ending 2020/06/30) is available at
20 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Gentoo_Foundation_Finances_FY2020.
21 > The draft version of FY2021 statement will hopefully be available in
22 > time for the AGM, but is unlikely to be finalized before December.
23 >
24 > In the past Fiscal year, as a trustee:
25 > - I helped engage with Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC) as being a
26 > potential fiscal sponsor, which had the outcome that they were
27 > unlikely to accept us, but we could apply anyway. SFC did provide a
28 > detailed list of documentation they (or likely any other sponsor)
29 > would require for consideration.
30 > - I helped engage with Software in the Public Interest (SPI); SPI did
31 > not provide further responses.
32 > - Both of the above are documented:
33 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:FoundationFutureState#Status
34 > I also provided financial answers to questions for potential
35 > applications to the Open Source Collective and the Linux Foundation,
36 > but I did not drive those applications and cannot speak to them
37 > further (I encourage mgorny & alicef to document their progress)
40 Thank you for all your work on the Foundation's finances. This is
41 important work towards joining an umbrella organization, and valuable
42 work even in the case that we don't.