From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 22:37:52
1 On 4/2/13 7:25 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > We already "encourage" using the newest EAPI, see 20110308 meeting.
3 > (Though I fail to find this recommendation in the devmanual, shouldn't
4 > it be there?)
5 >
6 > Should we have a stricter rule? Would such a rule help significantly
7 > reducing the number of EAPI 0 ebuilds?
8
9 Rules do not make things happen, especially not in a situation like here.
10
11 Known problems:
12 - EAPI-0 used to provide an upgrade path (for system packages)
13 - older EAPIs used because some eclasses do not support more recent EAPIs
14
15 Something we could do:
16 - add a repoman _warning_ (not an error) when an older than latest EAPI
17 is used; hopefully developers will see that and make a change for
18 package updates
19
20 Paweł