From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Re: PMS
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:19:32
On Monday 17 December 2007 02:17:32 Steve Long wrote:
> It does a bit more than that. And like I said, that's extraneous to Gentoo > needs, and is in fact only really needed for Paludis, not pkgcore and > certainly not portage development.
As ciaranm pointed out, thats completely untrue. For one thing, PMS documents how ebuilds are written(somewhat). PMS is used for things besides paludis/pkgcore/portage. For an example, see app-portage/gatt-svn. Gatt(written by mlangc) had to implement an atom parser. The only way this would be easily done was through PMS. So yes, PMS is useful besides the 3 package managers. -- 2.6.23-gentoo-r3