From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Council meeting 2015-04-14: call for agenda items
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 00:02:26
1 On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I sad nowhere I'm going to do it. We are discussing opportunities
4 > to fix current sore situation. Threatening people with bans just
5 > for their thoughts reminds me of George Orwell's Thought Police...
8 ++
9
10 Seriously - we have a lot of lousy alternatives right now and if you
11 want to find better ones, you can't punish people for offering
12 suggestions, whether they turn out to be the best options or not.
13
14 Besides, which would you rather have? People talking about their
15 ideas on a list, or people feeling afraid to bring them up so they
16 just quietly do them in the tree instead?
19 Rich