From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 03:01:32
1 On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:38 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 >>>
4 >>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/index.php?title=Project:Council/Code_of_conduct&oldid=53283
5 >>>
8 > This establishes that council members cannot be proctors (part of comrel's
9 > ancestors userrel and devrel)
10 >
11 > And comrel was formed from the union of devrel and userrel.
12 >
13 > It looks like things changed since then, but scuttlebutt on irc says the COI
14 > wording probably got messed up.
15
16 Did anybody actually vote to approve the text you are citing here?
17
18 The CoC is older than the wiki. It sounds like it has been edited a
19 few times since, but I'm not sure I'd put more weight on that
20 particular version. I certainly wouldn't consider it an authoritative
21 historical source when the wiki didn't exist at the same time as the
22 Proctors. The original CoC would have been written in guidexml.
23
24 In any case, it is up to us to define what the CoC ought to say. It
25 isn't a religious text. I'm willing to go along with the majority,
26 but we shouldn't be beholden to a random edit on a wiki, or even the
27 original version.
30 Rich