From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-01-14
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 10:02:12
1 W dniu wto, 02.01.2018 o godzinie 14∶35 +0100, użytkownik Ulrich Mueller
2 napisał:
3 > In two weeks from now, the council will meet again. This is the time
4 > to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda
5 > to discuss or vote on.
6 >
7 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
8 > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
9 > suggested one (since the last meeting).
10 >
11 > The agenda for the meeting will be sent out on Sunday 2018-01-07.
12 >
13 > Please reply to the gentoo-project list.
16 I'd like to ask Council what to do about arches without arch teams.
17 In particular, I'm talking about the architectures whose partial support
18 vapier had been committing haphazardly and that do not have
19 corresponding projects or aliases, that is:
20
21 nios2
22 riscv
23
24 This means that developers only see the keywords randomly appearing
25 in their packages but neither developers nor users have any way to
26 properly contact the arch team (because it doesn't exist!).
27
28 That said, I'd like to propose an official policy that no new arches can
29 be added without being assigned to a specific project (arch team).
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny