From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: wiki@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Removing "Gentoo [Linux]" from Wiki project names
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 00:50:54
1 Where unambiguous, I'd like to remove "Gentoo" and "Gentoo Linux" from
2 the title of our projects' names on the Wiki since it is very
3 redundant. For example, I am a member of
4
5 Gentoo Linux Alpha Development
6 Gentoo Base System
7 Gentoo Catalyst Project
8 Gentoo Community Relations
9 Gentoo Linux HPPA Development
10 Gentoo Linux IA-64 Development
11 Gentoo LiveCD Project
12 Gentoo Linux MIPS Development
13 Gentoo Linux PowerPC Development
14 Gentoo Release Engineering
15 Gentoo Linux s390 Development
16 Gentoo Linux SPARC Development
17 Gentoo Toolchain Project
18 Gentoo X11 Project
19
20 It should be pretty obvious that all of these are part of Gentoo,
21 since they're projects on wiki.gentoo.org :)
22
23 Many projects (e.g., BSD, Cinnamon, Cjk, Crypto, Devmanual, Elections,
24 ...) already do not have "Gentoo" in the title, so I think this will
25 add consistency.
26
27 Are there any that should retain "Gentoo" or "Gentoo Linux" in the
28 name? Perhaps there are some that might be ambiguous without it?
29
30 Thanks,
31 Matt