From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: wiki@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Removing "Gentoo [Linux]" from Wiki project names
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 00:50:54
Where unambiguous, I'd like to remove "Gentoo" and "Gentoo Linux" from
the title of our projects' names on the Wiki since it is very
redundant. For example, I am a member of

Gentoo Linux Alpha Development
Gentoo Base System
Gentoo Catalyst Project
Gentoo Community Relations
Gentoo Linux HPPA Development
Gentoo Linux IA-64 Development
Gentoo LiveCD Project
Gentoo Linux MIPS Development
Gentoo Linux PowerPC Development
Gentoo Release Engineering
Gentoo Linux s390 Development
Gentoo Linux SPARC Development
Gentoo Toolchain Project
Gentoo X11 Project

It should be pretty obvious that all of these are part of Gentoo,
since they're projects on wiki.gentoo.org :)

Many projects (e.g., BSD, Cinnamon, Cjk, Crypto, Devmanual, Elections,
...) already do not have "Gentoo" in the title, so I think this will
add consistency.

Are there any that should retain "Gentoo" or "Gentoo Linux" in the
name? Perhaps there are some that might be ambiguous without it?

Thanks,
Matt