From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Preparations Council meeting 2011-08-09
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:25:11
On 01-08-2011 23:51:16 +0200, Patrick Lauer wrote:
> A small thing which I've brought up for discussion twice (and both times > it was mostly ignored), but which I'd really like to see discussed or > even agreed on: > > A simple policy making signed commits mandatory, plus a simple policy on > key length, permissible encryption/signature algorithms, and a > well-defined place where (public) keys are made available for verifying > and checking the validity of the signatures.
That's fine, but I'm not in favour of a random open-ended discussion between council members. Please come with a proposal that describes the trade-offs and has with clear voting points for the council. Link back to the community discussion on -dev (or -project?) and preferably sum up the thread(s). -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level