From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: tomka@g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] best practice: bump/stable request
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 03:17:57
1 On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:12:19 +0100
2 Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Is it inpolite, as a dev, to open a bump/stable request bug and
7 > not assign (wrangle) it yourself?
8
9 If you can, please assign to keep the bug wrangling queue low. `equery
10 m ...` or one of the many variants that exist are quite easy to run...
11
12 > I expect bugwranglers to have scripts that do this more
13 > efficiently than me traversing the tree and grep'ing
14 > metadata.xml by hand. Bugwranglers, do you?
15
16 Yeah, form gets filled in with the press of a hotkey here:
17
18 ALT+A --> User Script --> Node.js Back-end --> User Script --> Form
19
20 (Also produces a message box in case of restrict="" or <description />.)
21
22 If someone wants this level of sophistication, feel free to ask me; but
23 in reality, I don't think this is useful unless you intend to wrangle.
24
25 > Do we have any automated bug-report scripts around? For instance
26 > for bump requests, there should be some command line tool which I
27 > can use like this
28 >
29 > bump-request net-analyzer/goaccess
30 >
31 > which opens the bump-request and assigns it correctly. Similar
32 > for stable requests, just that those need a version number.
33
34 For stable requests there are things like
35
36 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/arch-tools.git;a=blob;f=file-stabilization-bugs.py;hb=HEAD
37
38 which use www-client/pybugz if I remember correctly; looking at the
39 other responses in this ML thread, that was already suggested.
40
41 I don't know about version bumps though. But those should be easy to
42 file with a template (browser) or with pybugz (bash function).
43
44 Just make sure that you don't file duplicates while you're at it... :)
47 With kind regards,
48
49 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
50 Gentoo Developer
51
52 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
53 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
54 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D