From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: Expanding Foundation Bylaws, section 4.9 Termination from Membership
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:39:39
1 Am Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2018, 23:43:29 CET schrieb zlg:
2 > I understand that we vote Council and
3 > Trustees in to do this interpretation for us, but who among us can nail
4 > down what it means to act "professional"? It's a loaded term that means
5 > different things to different people and even different cultures. I've
6 > seen too many instances of people accused of "unprofessional behavior"
7 > and ignored due to said judgment, with no supporting reasoning or even a
8 > working definition of the phrase.
9
10 Precisely.
11
12 Given that part of our intended audience is geeks, and part of our intention
13 is to attract fresh talent, I'd say it would be fully professional of us to
14 fill a conference booth with cool and crazy, sci-fi / "Inspector Gadget" like
15 Gentoo related stuff. (Has anyone ever tried installing Gentoo on a Dalek?)
16
17 That, however, is exactly the opposite of another understanding of
18 professional, which intends to attract seasoned system administrators or
19 company representatives.
23 Andreas K. Hüttel
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 Gentoo Linux developer
26 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)