From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: GLEP - Require Projects to report to Council Monthly
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 19:55:28
1 On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 2:45 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Sunday, January 22, 2017 2:27:58 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
6 >> All the pieces do come together. What pieces on Gentoo do you see not
7 >> working together?
8 >
9 > How do the various projects come together without any coordination or
10 > awareness? That anything comes together now is just by chance. Since projects/
11 > teams are working on their own.
12
13 It is hardly chance. Things come together because we have policies
14 that enable things to come together, and when these policies are found
15 to be insufficient they are revised.
16
17 In any case, my point is that things ARE coming together.
20 > Just about any where you look in Gentoo you will see things understaffed.
23 That has always been true of Gentoo, and it is also true of every area
24 of every distro out there, and even every department in every
25 corporation out there. There is always a constraint between supply
26 and demand.
27
28 The key principle in FOSS is that the demand can turn into the supply,
29 which is why it works.
32 Rich