From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Code of conduct (was: Council meeting: Tuesday 2013-10-08, 19:00 UTC)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:14:14
1 On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 14:07:42 -0500
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Honestly, it seems to me that this failure is almost the entire
4 > > reason that we're re-writing the thing, and I don't really see how
5 > > the new version is any different from the old. I think the
6 > > previous failure was in execution, not in concept (and I don't
7 > > blame the Proctors themselves for that).
8 >
9 > I agree. It's in large part because we as a council failed to back
10 > them up sufficiently. As soon as they got any heat, they were on
11 > their own.
12
13 Yes, it's important for the success of these kinds of policies that the
14 higher ups to provide unconditional and unquestioning support to their
15 team. One mustn't allow their actions to be criticised or it undermines
16 their ability to act without restraint.
19 Ciaran McCreesh