From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Microsoft buys GitHub
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 14:56:11
1 Il 04/06/2018 15:07, Michał Górny ha scritto:
2 > W dniu pon, 04.06.2018 o godzinie 19∶47 +0700, użytkownik
3 > grozin@g.o napisał:
4 >> https://itsfoss.com/microsoft-github/
5 >>
6 >> Does this influence Gentoo GitHun usage?
7 >>
8 > As far as I'm aware, our Bylaws, Social Contract etc. don't say anything
9 > about having to hate Microsoft.
10 >
11 > Gentoo should continue to support users via GitHub as long as users are
12 > willing to contribute this way, and there are developers who wish to
13 > support them.
14 In case the need arise, I'm offering to host a 3rd party git
15 infrastructure, storage and cpu power are available, what it's needed is
16 an in depth analysis of how it should be built.
17
18 To avoid adding load to infra jobs this should be a totally external
19 project, this also mean there will be no real benefit comparing it to
20 current github usage, i.e. all the "pull requests" will need to be
21 managed by gentoo developers which will have some kind of access to the
22 server.
23
24 Let me know if there is interest
25