From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: k_f@g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, desultory <desultory@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 13:53:12
Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 14:41:19 CET schrieb Kristian Fiskerstrand:
> On 2/3/19 12:44 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote: > > Am Sonntag, 3. Februar 2019, 05:22:09 CET schrieb desultory: > >> ComRel, as I have previously mentioned, engages in some extremely > >> questionable practices, though (again) to their credit at least they > >> admit it. > > > > And parts of forums should rather go away sooner than later, given how > > even > > moderators take part in highly questionable threads. That mess also > > reflects on Gentoo as a whole. > > To be more concrete here if we want to put it on the agenda, we're > talking about OTW only, or are there other categories etc that are > non-gentoo-related on official communication channels?
My main point is that OTW needs to be nuked from orbit. That said, I'm not sure how much the forums / forum mods are still integrated with the developer community in general. Maybe we devs just need to become more active on the forums. Sometimes it feels like a parallel universe (where Spock has a beard) though. -- Andreas K. Hüttel dilfridge@g.o Gentoo Linux developer (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)