From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:52:45
On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 12:31 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote: >> That way you give the regular 1 year term to someone who >> does his/her job, but allow to intervene directly as needed (and not >> after 6 months). >> > This requires dedicated resources, meaning having people monitor the > activity of these teams and report problems/progress. Even if we enforce > elections every 6 months, if leaders/teams were active, it is highly > likely to retain their positions so no harm can come out of that :).
I think that a forced re-appointment every six months is going to create a lot more work than just keeping an eye on things. And I don't think that anybody is proposing a very heavy level of monitoring here. Monitoring just means making sure that people aren't running around with torches and pitchforks calling for the Devrel lead's head. Rich

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>