From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Website Reorganisation Ideas
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 23:37:34
Hi Marijn,

I don't think duplication is necessarily a bad thing. The links at the
top provide a fast way to get somewhere when you know (generally) where
you want to go, while the new side menu is designed to be usable by
someone who's just come to the website for the first time.

Ultimately I suspect there's quite a lot of things that could be changed
  to make the site better if a close look was taken. The idea behind my
proposed new side menu was that it is something quick to implement that
would have a large improvement on the site navigation.

My personal opinion is that the site probably really needs a total redesign.