From: justin <jlec@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Alexander Berntsen (bernalex)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:57:56
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 please join me in giving Alexander (bernalex) a very warm welcome.
4
5 When asking for his reason to be become a member of the dev team, he
6 said among other things "I would be proud to be a Gentoo dev". I like it
7 very much, that one can still be proud to be part of this team and
8 community. Let's spread this spirit.
9
10 He is joining us as staffer (for now, let's see what the future brings)
11 to work on portage (the PM) development, where he already contributed code.
12 He also has been actively helping with Gentoo Haskell, which will be
13 another region of interest for him.
14 And finally he also is in contact with the licensing team.
15
16 One of the questions we asked him and where we got some impressive
17 answer, was
18
19 What other projects have you contributed to, if any?
20
21 Some of the more mentionable ones follows.
22 bweakfwu
23 F-Droid
24 GNU LibreJS
25 i3
26 Libregamewiki
27 LIMBS OFF
28 ndla
29 OpenRC
30 quizbot
31 Portage
32 Project Sunrise
33 PRISM break
34 reactive-banana
37 So it seems he loves to contribute to voluntary project, which we
38 greatly appreciate.
39
40 This also resembles in the lines he wrote about himself.
41
42 I'm a free software hacker wizard who lives in Norway with my cohabitant
43 who occasionally bakes me muffins. I have used Gentoo for many years,
44 and am particularly interested in Portage. My main interests are
45 hacking, free software, free culture, computer games, interactive
46 fiction, role-playing games, fantasy literature, science fiction cinema,
47 anime, music, and cosmology.
50 Feel very welcome, Alexander,
51
52 Justin
55 P.s. And don't worry, Diego already kindly asked him to not port portage
56 to haskell ;).