From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:31:54
1 On Monday, January 16, 2017 2:08:36 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > Yes, devs could be sued if they personally did something wrong. That
4 > is true today, it has always been true, and it will always be true.
5 > At best we could pay for insurance to pay for the legal bills and
6 > judgments should such a lawsuit happen. We don't do that today.
7
8 Short of criminal activity, the Foundation can indemnify Developers, and take
9 any liability from Developers.
10
11 Most companies make it very hard if not next to impossible to sue an employee
12 directly for something they did on behalf of their employer. In most cases it
13 is the employer/company that will be the target of any suit.
16 William L. Thomson Jr.