From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] About herds and their non-existant use
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:42:36
1 On Wed, 21 May 2008 23:42:19 +0200
2 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So, what do you think? Is there some benefit in keeping this concept,
5 > or can we live without it and make life simpler for everyone?
6
7 Hmm, apparently I confused people even more, so let me summarize my
8 proposal:
9 Basically I want to replace all <herd>foo</herd> tags in metadata.xml
11 just like ordinary maintainers are listed.
12 And instead of using a manually maintained herds.xml get list of team
13 members either directly from the mail alias definitions or
14 indirectly from some auto-generated (and eventually filtered)
15 plaintext file.
16
17 Marius
22 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
23 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.