From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:05:36
1 On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 5:36 AM, Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Some are trying to push unrelated FSF politics -- like "you need to
4 > say GNU/Linux when we think you might be talking about a GNU+Linux
5 > system, not just Linux". To make that one even worse, it's actually
6 > considered *more important* than *accessibility for the handicapped*
7 > and *anonymity*.
10 Agree.
11
12 I probably won't put too much stock in whether sites get an A/B/C/F
13 from the FSF on its own.
14
15 However, if they do assessments that are broken down against each of
16 their criteria I think that would be useful. I think there is value
17 in knowing whether a site has sources available for their javascript
18 or if it requires the use of javascript. I just don't see why that
19 gets lumped in with "must promote GPL3+ (specifically) at least as
20 much as other licenses" - gentoo.org fails their criteria here,
21 because we use the apparently-now-evil GPL2+ which the FSF originally
22 created.
25 Rich