From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Andrey Utkin (andrey_utkin)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:39:23
1 On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 22:25:00 +0000 Göktürk Yüksek wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Good day everyone!
6 >
7 > It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family.
8 >
9 > Andrey Utkin is joining us from Ipswich, UK. He has been working on
10 > boto3 and related packages, and expresses interest in openrc. He has
11 > experience in multimedia processing, VoIP, and kernel driver development
12 > .
13 >
14 > Here is how he describes himself:
15 >
16 > "I am a loyal Gentoo user since 2007. Having used Slackware, Debian
17 > and FreeBSD before, I was stunned by Gentoo's transparency,
18 > comprehensiveness and convenience, in part because it forced me to
19 > learn many new things about how Linux works so that things _became_
20 > transparent and comprehensive to me.
21 >
22 > I am married to an awesome lady who is also a software engineer. We
23 > became happy parents this June. Because of this I expect severe
24 > shortage on free time, but my addiction to Gentoo will prevail anyway
25 > and I'll find time to work on it regularly."
26 >
27 > Please give him a warm welcome!
28
29 Welcome aboard, Andrey!