From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Xavier Miller (xaviermiller)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 00:22:23
1 On 07/30/14 16:01, justin wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Xavier Miller (XavierMiller) joined our team to help managing the forums.
5 >
6 > He started to use Gentoo back in the glory days in 2004 and started his
7 > moderator careers 2-3 years ago. Now he took the last step to become a
8 > full global moderator.
11 > Here are some lines about himself:
12 >
13 > I am 40 years old, Belgian, married, with one boy (4 years). I work as
14 > Software Developer/Architect or Business Intelligence Consultant for
15 > 18 years.
16 >
17 > I use computers since I am 9, starting with the family's C64, then a
18 > 286. I discovered UNIX and Linux at University (1992-1996) and I was
19 > quite frustrated with that 286 that could not run Linux... I had to
20 > wait until 1996 and my first owned computer (a K6 II). I started with
21 > SuSE Linux and Red Hat, and needed to compile the kernel in order to
22 > have drivers for the sound card and ADSL modem. Then I've built two
23 > LFS systems, the first with FVWM95 and the second with GNOME (1 or 2,
24 > I don't remember). When I would update them, I was searching for an
25 > automatic version of LFS. And I found Gentoo! It was in 2004, as said
26 > my forum profile. I did know the first moments of ~AMD64 and the
27 > "unstable" meaning of "unstable". Today, ~arch is really stable, thank
28 > to you Gentoo Developers!
29 >
30 > I am moderator in the French forum since July 2011, and active as SPAM
31 > hunter. Desultory and the forum administrators asked me to join them,
32 > and I accepted the challenge!
33 >
34 > I am also musician, my instruments are keyboards: piano, organ (pipe
35 > and tonewheels), synthesizers. My favorite styles are: Classical,
36 > Jazz, Pop-Rock.
37 >
38 > I am not a great fan of software in that domain, I prefer "hardware",
39 > or at least embedded systems with knobs and tangible interfaces that
40 > don't sound as "computer".
41 > I am tinkering now on a MIDIbox SID system (C64 nostalgy).
44 > Please everyone join my in giving him a warm welcome.
45 >
46 > Justin
49 Welcome on board Xavier!
52 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
53 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
54 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
55 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
56 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA