From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, elections@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Nominations for 2011 to 2012
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:49:32
On 19:18 Thu 02 Jun     , Roy Bamford wrote:
> Gentoo Community, > > In a few hours from now, at Fri June 3rd 00:00:01 UTC nominations for > the Gentoo council will open. Nominations will remain open for a period > of two weeks, until Fri June 17th 00:00:01 UTC. > > Nominations are open to anyone. Candidates and voters are limited to > the roll call list > > > Nominated candidates must accept nominations before the nomination > period closes to progress into the final ballot. Self nomination (and > acceptance) is permitted.
My kids are finally old enough that I have free time, so I'd also like to run for the council again. I served on the council for two terms from 2007-2009. I'd welcome the opportunity to provide the perspective of someone who has a long history with Gentoo and a deep understanding of our philosophy and culture (I joined in 2003 — wow, that's 8 years!). I plan on sending more detail later, but my interests as a council member include: - creating a great community, - making progress now instead of waiting years for perfection, - removing bureaucracy in favor of more agile development & meritocracy, - promoting innovation from individual developers instead of expecting it to all come from the top, and - getting rid of policies that were created for a single incident, because they should only exist for patterns of repeated problems. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Sr. Developer, Gentoo Linux Blog: