From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Hunting for Gentoo Banners...
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 00:20:55
1 On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > There were at least four banners (see bugs 199713, 199715) that the
4 > foundation paid for:
5 > - Europe (wolf31o2+musikc took as checked luggage)
6 > - US-East (shipped to wltjr for Florida Linux Show)
7 > - US-West (shipped to omp for SCALE, later in the bay area)
8 > - Asia (shipped to fox2mike for FOSS.IN & LCA)
9 >
10 > As the new treasurer, I'm interested to know if all four banners still
11 > exist.
14 Once you've found them, perhaps consider tracking them on this project
15 page, or someplace similar:
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Events
17
18 That could become a clearinghouse for tracking stuff like this, links
19 to resources, and so on. And of course anybody can submit a funding
20 request to the foundation for swag/etc but it is obviously
21 cost-effective to recycle banners/etc. I believe you already
22 mentioned it elsewhere, but in general we've tried to keep them within
23 their regions to avoid tariffs/etc, and for convenience.
26 Rich