From: Geoffrey Ekman <gekman@××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] GURU is now online!
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 20:40:19
1 Hi ,
2
3 Apologies if I'm a bit confused here.
4
5 modify them into a self-sustainable ecosystem where users work
6 together on new packages (only those not in Gentoo are allowed)
7
8 >So anything already not in the main repository?
9
10 If you are interested in using GURU on your system, it is available
11 on the repository roster as 'guru'.
12
13 >Are there any specific build requirements there? Arch or otherwise ?
14
15 Thanks
16
17 ________________________________
18 From: Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
19 Sent: Wednesday, 10 April 2019 9:02 p.m.
20 To: gentoo-dev-announce
21 Cc: gentoo-project
22 Subject: [gentoo-project] GURU is now online!
23
24 Hello, everyone.
25
26 It is with pleasure that I'd like to announce that the GURU project [1]
27 has started and is home for its first ebuilds [2]. For those who
28 haven't been following the recent RFCs:
29
30 GURU aims to be a single central user-maintained Gentoo repository.
31 It tries to take the best ideas of the past Sunrise project [3],
32 and modify them into a self-sustainable ecosystem where users work
33 together on new packages (only those not in Gentoo are allowed), review
34 one another's work and (hopefully) eventually deliver a reasonably good
35 quality product.
36
37 At this point, I am obliged to explicitly note that GURU is maintained
38 by users and is not strictly controlled by Gentoo developers or
39 supported by Gentoo Security project. While hopefully our Trusted
40 Contributors will do their best to ensure good quality of GURU, it may
41 contain vulnerable, broken or even malicious ebuilds. You use it
42 at your own risk (just like Gentoo itself).
43
44 If you are interested in contributing your ebuilds to GURU (provided
45 they are new packages and now updates to ebuilds in ::gentoo), please
46 take a look at the project page [1].
47
48 At the same time, I'd like to make it clear that GURU exists
49 independently of proxy-maint, and you are free to submit your packages
50 both ways, or to submit it to GURU first for fleshing out.
51
52 If you are interested in using GURU on your system, it is available
53 on the repository roster as 'guru'. You can get it e.g. via:
54
55 eselect repository enable guru
56
57 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:GURU