From: grozin@g.o
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-12-09
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 09:31:01
1 On Sat, 1 Dec 2018, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2 > 13.0 profiles removal, 17,0 set was added a year ago, and even arm has
3 > been migrated successfully.
4 dev-lisp/clozurecl is broken in 17.0. On ~x86 compiling it loops forever.
5 I heard that on ~amd64 it compiles but the resulting binary is broken: it
6 fails to compile maxima. The upstream says that this is related to Gentoo
7 specific compilation options, and they recommend to use the upstream
8 options. In 13.0 clozurecl works fine.
9
10 I think those who introduced 17.0 should fix what they have broken. I use
11 13.0, and cannot switch so far.
12
13 Andrey Grozin