From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] GLEP 63 - was Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 15:02:19
1 On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Anthony G. Basile
2 <basile@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 >
4 > One week until the council meeting. Just to make sure I'm not missing any
5 > issues and we don't have a last minute rush, here's the agenda so far:
6 >
7 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~blueness/council/council_agenda_20140311.txt
8
9 Moving discussion to a separate thread (if my MUA isn't broken)...
10
11 It looks like we actually want to approve the GLEP, but I think it is
12 still a bit weak on documentation.
13
14 The only instructions for creating keys reference two outside sources
15 that aren't actually aligned with the policy as far as I can tell.
16
17 From http://ekaia.org/blog/2009/05/10/creating-new-gpgkey/ :
18 Key is valid for? (0) 0
19 Key does not expire at all
20 (does not comply with 5-year max)
21
22 https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning does not mention half the stuff on
23 our list, like control over digests/etc.
24
25 Certainly an exhaustive set of instructions on using gpg is too much,
26 but can we at least get:
27 1. A list of steps that can be followed to generate a key that is
28 useful and compliant with the policy.
29 2. A command that can be supplied with a key ID and tell you if the
30 key complies or not.
31
32 Right now we just have a bunch of pointers to various websites and a
33 set of guidelines, and devs are basically expected to figure it out.
34 I think the result of this is going to be a lot of back-and-forth
35 trying to get everybody to fix their keys, with new issues cropping up
36 all the time.
37
38 Rich