From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-08-14
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 02:07:19
1 On 08/08/16 05:35, Marek Szuba wrote:
2 >
3 > Bottom line: I would say we do need some way of streamlining ebuild
4 > stabilisation.
5
6 I vote we fix this problem. I'm tired of having this same discussion
7 ever 6 or 12 months. I'd like to see less policy discussion and more
8 technical solutions to the problems we face.
9
10 I propose calling for volunteers to create a new project that works on
11 solving our stabilization problem. I see that looking like the following:
12
13 1) project identifies the problem(s) with real data from Bugzilla and
14 the portage tree.
15
16 2) new project defines a technical proposal to fixing this issue, then
17 presents it to the developer community for feedback. This would include
18 defining tools needed or used
19
20 3) start working on solution + define future roadmap
23 All processes and policies should be on the table for negotiating in the
24 potential solution. If we need to reinvent the wheel, then let's do it.
25
26 To be honest, adding more policy just ends up making everyone unhappy
27 one way or the other.
31 Jack Morgan
32 Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
33 Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A