From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-05-12
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:10:31
1 On 19-04-28 21:46:24, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 6:42 PM Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
5 > > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
6 > > suggested one (since the last meeting).
9 > I would like the council to consider my patch to GLEP 63 to allow a
10 > single combined primary/signing key when the key is stored on a
11 > smartcard, so that keys may be generated on a Nitrokey without relying
12 > on a primary key maintained offline in software, which I think will
13 > not happen much in practice. This should increase the security of
14 > signing keys by reducing handling or even storage of primary keys on
15 > internet-connected hosts (which the GLEP already allows for).
16 >
17 > Patch and discussion at:
18 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/d05070a200e4f5858642d308d9b3e39f
19
20 My main concern here is devs needing to re-establish their keys with
21 infra in a trusted maner when the key is lost/stolen or otherwise
22 defunct. Re-establishing that trust may be outside the scope of this
23 request though.
26 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)