From: "Manuel Rüger" <mrueg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-07-29
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:49:33
1 On 14.07.2018 20:38, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018, Manuel Rüger wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 14.07.2018 19:33, William Hubbs wrote:
5 >>> I'm not sure this is an agenda item since there is really nothing
6 >>> for us to do for it in a meeting; [...]
7 >
8 >> In my opinion there is still a difference between implicit and
9 >> explicit agreement to a CoC, as explicit agreeement makes knowledge
10 >> about the CoC undeniable.
11 >
12 > I agree with William here.
13 >
14 > If this is addressed at the council, then the council has explicitly
15 > approved the CoC in its 2007-03-15 meeting [1]. Usually we don't
16 > reiterate past decisions for the sole purpose of confirming them.
17 > I also think there is no doubt that the CoC is in force.
18 >
19 > However, if your request is addressed at council members as
20 > individuals, then it is not an agenda item. (Of course, council
21 > members can still make a statement as requested.)
22 >
23 > Ulrich
24 >
25 > [1] https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20070315.txt
28 Okay understood. Would that be a better fit for the council meeting then?
29
30 Have the council vote the following items:
31
32 a) Make explicit agreement with CoC mandatory for being part (i.e. also
33 existing members) of Comrel, Infra, Recruiters and QA.
34
35 b) In concordance with a) make explicit agreement an (unenforced) part
36 of the first Council meeting.
37
38 Agreements will be tracked in a bug per project by the individual
39 project members. For a) project leads have to ensure that this happens.
40
41 Thanks,
42 Manuel