From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: reopening gentoo-council
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:02:22
> Your rational is a bit off or can be understood incorrectly in how > the current rules go. Discussion should happen on the on topic > mailing list (most of the time gentoo-dev or gentoo-project). > gentoo-project is only used to submit threads to the agenda > regardless of where the discussion happens. gentoo-dev-announce can > be used to draw attention to important things. How do you propose > people decide if something is gentoo-council material or do we go > back to the situation where threads get fragmented to multiple > mailing lists? If actual discussion happens elsewhere than > gentoo-council then I don't think we need a separate mailing list > just for handling agendas etc. Finally I think gentoo-project / > gentoo-dev reach a wider audencience but we should get verified > numbers from infra.
gentoo-dev, -project, -dev-announce ... this would mean that we split discussions between three mailing lists at least. (Probably more, for example PMS/EAPI related stuff should be discussed on gentoo-pms then.) That's too complicated for my simple mind. Ulrich

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] Re: reopening gentoo-council "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>