From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: reopening gentoo-council
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:02:22
1 >>>>> On Mon, 01 Aug 2011, Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 > Your rational is a bit off or can be understood incorrectly in how
4 > the current rules go. Discussion should happen on the on topic
5 > mailing list (most of the time gentoo-dev or gentoo-project).
6 > gentoo-project is only used to submit threads to the agenda
7 > regardless of where the discussion happens. gentoo-dev-announce can
8 > be used to draw attention to important things. How do you propose
9 > people decide if something is gentoo-council material or do we go
10 > back to the situation where threads get fragmented to multiple
11 > mailing lists? If actual discussion happens elsewhere than
12 > gentoo-council then I don't think we need a separate mailing list
13 > just for handling agendas etc. Finally I think gentoo-project /
14 > gentoo-dev reach a wider audencience but we should get verified
15 > numbers from infra.
16
17 gentoo-dev, -project, -dev-announce ... this would mean that we split
18 discussions between three mailing lists at least. (Probably more, for
19 example PMS/EAPI related stuff should be discussed on gentoo-pms then.)
20
21 That's too complicated for my simple mind.
22
23 Ulrich